如果您有任何疑問及建議，或想多了解兒童事⼯，請聯絡兒童事⼯部主任： 謝菁萍 Donna Hsieh 電郵 firstname.lastname@example.org 或電 949.752.7777 分機 208
Welcome to The TreeHouse!
OCCEC recognizes that children are a vital part of our church today, as well as being the future of our church tomorrow. We believe wholeheartedly in the value of investing our time and resources into ministering to children at their level, so that they may know what it means to be a part of the body of Christ.
OCCEC believes the responsibility for faith training and spiritual growth of children lies within the family. CM TreeHouse provides opportunities for learning, teaching, training and spiritual support for families.
The TreeHouse is a place for children to meet friends, learn about God, come to know Christ as personal savior, and apply the teachings of the Word of God to their everyday lives.
Upon arriving, come to the check in station. That is where we want to meet you and connect with your children. From the check in station, if child is 3 years old and younger, the child will be in our nursery or tot’s program. If child’s age is between 3-5, the child may attend PK or K class. Everyone else starts out in the TreeHouse.
The TreeHouse is a great place where your children will sing songs and learn Bible stories. From there, they will go with the age appropriate group for small group discussion, practicing a memory verse, playing a game and/or creating a craft. We hope to see you here.
If you have any further questions about what is happening in the TreeHouse, please contact:
Children’s Ministry Director:
Donna Hsieh at email@example.com or call 949-752-7777 x208.
我今⽇所吩咐你的話，都要記在⼼。 也要殷勤教訓你的兒女，無論你坐在家裡，⾏在路上，躺 下，起來，都要談論。申命記六：6-7
我們的⽬標是幫助孩⼦得⾒主耶穌基督， 並且能學習在⽇常⽣活裡應⽤神的話語， 認識神，敬愛神，事奉神，進⽽傳揚神。
- ✦ 裝備兒童，為使他們成就善⼯
- ✦ 裝備導師，為完善兒童事⼯的教導
- ✦ 裝備家長，成為家中屬靈的帶領者
CM Vision, Mission, and Goals
“These Commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up …” Deuteronomy 6:6-7Deuteronomy 6:6-7
It is our calling to come alongside parents, assisting members of the family to grow together in faith under the shepherding leadership of the parents at home.
“And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men” Luke 2:52Luke 2:52
It is our Goal to help children come to know our Lord Jesus Christ, and promote their growth in love and service to God by applying His Word to their lives.
“Equipping God’s people for the work of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up (for the unity & maturity in the body of Christ-the church)” Ephesians 4:12Ephesians 4:12
It is our Mission to equip His people (discipleship)：
- ✦ Equip CHILDREN for good works
- ✦ Equip TEACHERS for ministry
- ✦ Equip PARENTS to be the spiritual leaders of homes
- 在教會內外，請慢⾏，不要奔跑。不可追跑打鬧，⼤ 聲喧嘩。
- 除了特別需要並在⼤⼈的監護下，孩童不可獨⾃進入 以下地點：複印室、廚房、嬰幼兒教室、影⾳控制 區、台上、台前和台后及未開放的教室或儲藏室等。
5 General Rules of Behavior
While people are more important than policies and procedures, the consequences of ignored safety practices and respectful behavior cannot be emphasized enough. The Children’s Ministry is committed to enforcing policies that protect the children, caregivers, and church body.
Remember, it is each parent and volunteer’s job to enforce these 5 General Rules of Behavior
- No running in the classrooms and hallways at anytime；No fighting or rough play whatsoever.
- Children are not permitted in the copy room, kitchen, nursery/tots/PK/K rooms, sound booth, on stage, behind the stage, behind the media control station at anytime, unless they are “on duty” as part of the 70º Club.
- Children should use the restroom or get a drink of water before the program/class begins.
- All children shall raise their hands and wait to be recognized before speaking in class.
- Do Not bring any electronic dives.
＊Beside attending Children’s program schedules, Children under 13 years old should be supervised with their parents for guardians！
- “數1” － 導師提出警告，孩童瞭解應有的⾏為，導師通報⾏政同⼯。
- “數2” － 該孩童將由⾏政帶離課堂查問輔導，決定他是否繼續適合課堂活動。
- “數3” － 該兒童將被交由兒童部主任輔導，並通知其家長。
負責同⼯⽤比劃⼤聲慢數到”5”，數到”5” 時，所有孩童及在場 ⼤⼈都必須注意和安靜下來。兒童不可應聲。其他同⼯也默默 的以相應的⼿勢協助孩⼦們集中注意⼒安靜下來。
Classroom Management and Discipline
Attitude & Approach
Disciplining children in church settings is not easy but is one of the most important elements of children’s ministry. It is an area of ministry that needs the careful consideration, and the ongoing support and prayer of the whole congregation. As is true with other volunteers, when CM workers know they are supported and appreciated, they will bring more creativity and positive energy to the Children’s Ministry.
There is no magic formula for handling conflict with children, whatever the situation. No matter how much support we receive and how well prepared we are, challenges are bound to occur. In this situation, CM will implement the two methods mentioned below to assist in bringing and keeping order.
Used when an individual child continues to misbehave after repeated correction.
- COUNT OF ONE – A warning is given by any teacher to a child that he/she should stop misbehaving and that he/she is being watched. The teacher giving the one-count tells the administrator about it.
- COUNT OF TWO – The misbehaving child is counseled by the administrator, who investigates the problem. The administrator may elect to have the child miss the rest of class activities.
- COUNT OF THREE – The child is counseled by the CMD. The child’s parents may be called and the child may have to stay with the parent for the rest of the program.
Used to quiet or bring to order the entire group.
The person in charge(messenger, leader, teacher) initiates the 5-Count by holding up a finger accordingly while counting slowly and loudly to 5. At the count of 5, all children and adults are to be quiet and are to be paying attention. Children are not to count along with the leader who is counting to 5. Other leaders silently hold up their hand and fingers while checking to see if children are quiet.
d. 6-12歲(就讀⼩學年級)：國⼩班(TreeHouse Rm#5)
*每年的 9⽉和 3⽉會為學齡前的孩童重新調整分班年齡︔若已經升上國⼩⼀年級的孩童，則按⼩學學年（每年9⽉）調升班級。
a. 主⽇10:50AM 開始簽到，無論孩童年齡⼤⼩，請家長務必將孩⼦帶到報到教室，為孩⼦簽到後⽅可離去。(新朋友的家長請務必留下姓名和聯絡電話)。
b. 幼童班和幼稚園班的孩⼦請至 Rm#３簽到︔國⼩班請於 TreeHouse 簽到和簽出。
a. 為使孩童們有更多的活動空間，並專⼼學習，請家長們不要 進入教室內陪伴。家長若有特殊要求，請先至兒童辦公室和兒童部主任謝菁萍姐妹或兒童主⽇學總協調海晶姐妹商量。
c. 孩童在遊戲間難免會有碰撞的時候，⽼師們會以簡單的⽅法 先進⾏處理（如冰敷、創⼜貼等）。若有任何緊急狀態，會 通知⽗母或緊急聯絡⼈。
- 若孩童無法適應主⽇學教室活動，主⽇學同⼯將會即時聯絡家 長。(請參閱並遵守『⾏為準則』和『課室紀律和管理程序』。）
Safety Policy and Emergency Procedure
Dear parents/guardians and partners,
Please read carefully about the following procedures and policies. Together, we are here to ensure and provide a safe and appropriate learning environment for your precious ones while they are with us.
What we expect from you
- The age of the placement are:
0-3 years old (born after August and age under 3 years old children): Nursery Room (Rm#9)
3-4 years old (children aged 3 or 4 years old and born before the end of August): Preschool Class (Rm#3)
5-6 years old (children aged 5 or 6 years old and born before the end of August): Kindergarten class (Rm#7)
6-12 years old (in elementary school grades): Sunday school (TreeHouse Rm#5)
*During September and March each year, CM will re-adjust age group for pre-school children; if the child has been graduated from Kindergarten, he/she will be promoted to the group of elementary students in September.
- Children’s sign-in/out time and important notes:
You may sign-in/out within 5-10 minutes of the designated program hours. Regardless of the age of the child, parents are responsible to bring the child to the classroom and sign in the child.
Sign-in/out at the entrance of your child’s classroom or the TreeHouse. (Preschool and kindergarten classes at Rm#3; Elementary student at the TreeHouse.)
- Take your child to the bathroom before leaving him/her with us, especially for Early Childhood programs. We cannot leave the other children to take only one to the b
- Be punctual (promote better learning and avoid disruption)
- Inform CM on any changes with the child, contact phone number, and/or location of the parent/guardian.
- Medication will not be administered by any volunteers or staff to a child while in our care. If it is necessary that the child receive medication during his/her stay with us, a parent must return to the classroom to administer it.
- For the comfort of your child and the sake of the other children in the program, please keep him/her home when they have a fever of 101ºF or higher, or have a running nose, diarrhoea, vomiting, severe cough & cold, sore throats, pinkeye, headaches, rashes, or earaches in the last 24 hours.、
- Please refer to the Classroom Management & Discipline Procedure (pg.16) for any behaviour guidelines and parent notification.
- You must fill out and return a signed child registration form for each of your children before we accept your child into the program.
- All parents/guardians/partners are required to read the CM Handbook prior to registering and/or serving. To better inform you, we offer a parent orientation at the beginning of the school year.